Many types of brochure templates are aimed towards a general market audience. Doing this is very simple and you can easily market to wide audience using more general types of design styles and content. However, if you want to target a few key specific markets with your brochure printing, you will need to be more deliberate and cunning with your design and content decisions. It is an art really when you try to shape a more targeted layout and design for brochure printing. So let me give you a few tips on how to adapt to this brochure art style easily. Just follow the items below and learn.
1. Define your specific market – The first thing that you should do is to define your specific market. Without a straight definition of who your market is exactly, you will not be able to create a proper custom brochure design for them. So sit down and really define the scope of your target market.
Are they Young Professionals of certain industries? Are they retired women with large expendable incomes? Are they middle-aged sporty types? You may want to decide on the specific age, social class and even sex of your target market depending on your particular item for marketing. The more accurate the target the better since it will give you a more accurate insight on the best content and design to use in your color brochures.
2. Know your specific market – With the target market defined, the next step is to “know” that specific market. You will want to be intimate with them. You have know their lifestyle, the media they consume, the related products they buy and essentially their likes and dislikes in life. Specific market research is key here so that you can attune your custom brochures precisely to their tastes. Try to acquire the most up to date data on your market as you can to get the most valuable insights for your design.
3. Use images that concern and attract them – Now, in the design proper itself, you should always use photographs, images or graphics that concern or attract your target markets (according to your research). Use something that immediately catches attention, or maybe something that is related to a life issue that your markets are concerned with.
For example, Men will typically respond to pictures of beautiful women, while Women might respond to something comparable, or maybe something like a baby that looks like it is in need. This is a simple and bare example, but the point should be clear. If the images are precisely chosen to attract your target markets, they will respond better to your color brochures.
4. Use their own unique language – Each target market has their own specific language or “slang” terms and phrases. Try to use them in your targeted color brochures so that you can connect better to your reader. Typically using the same language earns more trust and gets more responses from readers, so it is really highly recommended that you do this for your own targeted custom brochures.
5. Give them the benefits that they want – Finally, always give benefits with your color brochures. It can be the benefit of new knowledge or maybe just the benefit of friendly advice. People must GAIN something by reading your color brochures for it to be a good and effective print that people will KEEP instead of throwing away.
So that is the art of designing color brochures for specific target markets. Use these tricks to your advantage as you do your marketing through your custom brochures. The more accurately you target your market the more results you will get. Good Luck!
Leah Delaney is specializing in writing articles on a printing company. Try to visit this page for more tips about successful brochure printing, and find the best place to download unique brochure templates to attract customers effortlessly.